Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 44: Climbing the Walls


Last weekend I went indoor rock-climbing. If you've never tried it, imagine clinging to the side of a 3 story building like Garfield on the inside of a car window. For those thrill-seekers out there, it's a blast. For those who panic when they get up on a ladder, not quite as much fun. I'm in the middle - someone who is mildly wigged out by heights. It was great exercise, but something that triggered my need for nicotine.

Although forgetting to put on my patch before climbing three stories in the air probably wasn't a smart move. But I made it through three climbs before realizing it, and that was an improvement.

Believe it or not, 6 months ago I would light up a cigarette the instant I got home from the gym, and never gave it a second thought. I was even a little impressed with being able to out-do my husband in endurance then come home and puff away.

Since I've quit, I've gone back to the gym and found that I can still out-do him, AND it's much easier. If only there was a patch that kept you from being afraid of heights. What would your ideal 'patch' be?

No comments:

Post a Comment