Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 33: Indifference


I was musing about my quit last night, and how it's already been a month. Am I proud of myself for quitting? Of course I am. Am I saving my lung tissue and my money? Absolutely. Did I think I would make it to a month? No. How do I feel about not smoking? Eh - I'm indifferent.

That's completely of the wall! Here I am making healthy changes to my lifestyle, and I'm completely indifferent to it. I miss the habit of smoking, but not the effects. Of course, I'm still getting the chemical delivered directly to my bloodstream via the patch. I can't say I gained anything from being a smoker, except having a method to calm myself down when I was about to scalp my co-workers. (Love you guys!)

Will I still feel this way in two weeks when I'm off the patch completely? Possibly. It's hard to describe where I am with my quit because I'm still getting nicotine. Phase Two will be when I'm completely nicotine free, and I bet I won't be nearly as indifferent to it as I am right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment