Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 17: My Quit List


In my various web browsing sessions and research, I'm noticing a lot of folks trying to quit smoking are making a 'Quit List' - a list of reasons to quit smoking, serving as a reminder of why you quit in the first place, and is supposed to help you overcome the urge to smoke. I never really thought about the reasons I quit, other than to stop a bad habit. So now, I present to you, my own personal 'Quit List.'

I want to quit smoking because:
  1. I'm tired of spending the money on cigarettes - gum is cheaper.
  2. I don't want to smell like a dirty ashtray anymore.
  3. I miss the way my kitchen smells when I'm cooking dinner.
  4. I like being able to enjoy my husbands cologne.
  5. I'm tired of being the outsider - literally - when I go out to bars and restaurants.
  6. I want to stop getting sick - sore throats and coughs SUCK as a smoker.
  7. I'd prefer to live a longer life, not a shorter one.
  8. I don't like living with a perpetual cough.
  9. I want to be free from worrying whether or not my sidekick cigarettes are with me and OH MY GOD do I have a lighter??
  10. I'd prefer my skin not to have a ruddy complexion - I got called 'pizza face' enough when I was younger.
  11. If I spend money on scented shampoo and perfume, I want to enjoy it, not mask it with nicotine.
  12. I hate having to dust every other day because there are ashes everywhere.
The more I think about it, the longer the list could be. The point is - I will be healthier and live longer. And that's friggin' SWEET!

2 comments:

  1. Whew Glad I didn't end up on the "Quit List" So glad you didn't post strange things either or things that would get you fired :-P

    Keep at Lori - You're a Rockstar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job Lori!! Keep it up....I can't seem to break any of my bad habits-so good for you :) congrats and keep blogging-its fun to follow your progress!

    ReplyDelete